The Whale Safari team can help with a whole range of projects and services.
- Daily whale shark snorkelling or viewing trips over the whale shark season (approx. September to March).
- Humpback whale-watching trips from around August to October (whale sharks are sometimes seen on these “out of season” trips too!).
- Visiting at another time of year? Get in touch with the owner, Libe. He can help you organise a picnic and coral reef snorkelling trip, and there’s a chance of spotting whale sharks, dolphins, rays and other large marine life. The whale sharks do actually live off Mafia year-round, they’re just not always on the surface. Libe is fantastic at finding them though :).
- Looking for help with a tourist group or other visitors to Mafia? Libe can provide tourism information, guiding, and can arrange vehicle or boat transfers, or excursions, around the island. Refreshments and food can be provided on request. Contact Libe to discuss your requirements.
- Libe provides expert assistance, logistical help and translation for marine researchers and film crews. He works routinely with scientists from the Marine Megafauna Foundation, the Tanzanian Fisheries Research Institute, WWF, and university students and academics. He has also worked with a wide range of film crews and photographers, including National Geographic. Contact Libe to talk through your project.
Helping out a visiting film crew